(Partial) Nephrectomy - Procedural ENDOEYE FLEX 3D and THUNDERBEAT Benefits
Advantages of using ENDOEYE FLEX 3D in (Partial) Nephrectomy:
- Clear 3D visualization of the artery posterior to the vein for reduced risk of overlooking bleeders
- ENDOEYE FLEX 3D depth perception reduces the risk of leaving tumor a behind
- Suturing becomes more intuitive, with the depth perception from the ENDOEYE FLEX 3D, potentially leading to reduced ischemia time
Advantages of using THUNDERBEAT in (Partial) Nephrectomy:
- Precise dissection capability and grasping force helps to identify and mobilize the kidney
- THUNDERBEAT provides prompt sealing and cutting of new vessels linked to renal cancer
- THUNDERBEAT’s effective Seal & Cut allows for having one hand free for usage in conduction with clips or a suction
Mobilization and Freeing of the Kidney
ENDOEYE FLEX 3D vision facilitates identification of the ureter, gonadel vein, etc. It helps to find the right
plane allowing mobilization of the kidney without injuring surrounding organs, such as the liver, the bowel, and the spleen. For mobilization, THUNDERBEAT grasps and fine dissects well. It enables efficient freeing of the kidney from surrounding tissue.
The combination of depth perception and articulation in the ENDOEYE FLEX 3D allows for a better visualization of the artery posterior to the vein. The risk of overlooking bleeders is reduced, due to the ability to look at the hilum from the posterior aspect.
THUNDERBEAT effectively cuts and seals at once while one hand of the surgeon is free.
An important aim in partial nephrectomy is sparing as much healthy tissue as possible. In this respect, the surgeon needs to precisely locate the tumor. Intraoperative ENDOEYE FLEX 3D imaging provides the surgeons with a realistic view and helps to compensate for the challenge of possible differences between the preoperative anatomical situations and the intraoperative situation.
ENDOEYE FLEX 3D visualization also supports in the excision phase of the procedure. As the depth perception of ENDOEYE FLEX 3D helps to identify the point of entry and the cutting angle more precisely, the risk of leaving tumor behind is reduced.
THUNDERBEAT can be used as an effective grasping instrument. At the same time, a large vessel due to vascularization of renal cancer morphology, can be sealed by THUNDERBEAT promptly. There is no
need of an additional sealing device.
Similar to the advantages in prostatectomy, ENDOEYE FLEX 3D also facilitates suturing in partial nephrectomy, which is crucial in order to reduce ischemia time. By having better perception of where to stitch and grasp the needle, the result is time saved and less bleeding, which can lead to a shorter ischemia time.
- Content Type