Procedure Steps with iTind
00 | Equipment and Patient Preparation
The following is required for the removal procedure:
· Open ended, 22 Fr. silicone Foley catheter.
· Anesthetic gel.
Equipment preparation for the removal of iTind:
· Lubricate both tips of the silicone catheter and the meatus with anesthetic gel.
· Feed the snare through the catheter.
· Use the snare to thread the retrieval suture through the catheter.
01 | Insert the Catheter
· Insert the catheter into the meatus while holding the retrieval suture taut.
· Guide the catheter up the retrieval suture until it meets the device.
02 | Device Retrieval
· Once the iTind has been reached, pull back the retrieval suture firmly and retract the iTind device into the catheter.
· When the iTind has been folded completely inside the catheter, remove the catheter from the urethra.
Troubleshooting — The Retrieval Suture Breaks or Is Cut
· Attach a #1 Ethibond® type suture using a surgical knot to extend the retrieval suture.
· Continue removal according to standard procedure steps.
· Insert surgical graspers or forceps through a rigid cystoscope.
· Grasp the proximal end of the device to re-crimp it into the scope.
· Through the iTind device, three new channels are meant to be created at the 5, 7 and 12 o’clock positions by ischemic response.
· These channels allow urine to flow better immediately.
· Patients are generally discharged a few hours after the iTind has been removed.
- Content Type